The Switchcraft 297 plug is the proven industry standard stereo (balanced) phone plug for audio applications. Beware of imitations. We often see 30-year-old 297 plugs giving perfect service.
• Heavy duty machined copper alloy handle (shielded versions), tip and body for unsurpassed ruggedness.
• Bright nickel plating on exterior surfaces will not chip or corrode.
• Solder terminals are tin electroplated for ease of soldering.
• One-piece tip rod staked into tip terminal ensures electrical continuity
• Heavy duty cable clamp provides secure strain relief.
• Shielded handle versions recommended for applications where electromagnetic interference and physical abuse may occur.