The Shure Beta 98A is a precision-engineered compact, high-output miniature condenser microphone for professional sound reinforcement and studio recording. An extremely uniform cardioid polar pattern provides excellent gain-before-feedback and off-axis rejection of unwanted noise.
Both Beta 98A configurations feature high sound pressure level capability (SPL). Beta 98AD/C includes A98D drum mount with flexible gooseneck that makes it an essential, accurate choice for toms, snares, and percussion. Beta 98A/C is recommended for a variety of acoustic or amplified instruments including drums, piano, reed, wind, and strings.
• Uniform cardioid polar pattern provides maximum gain-before-feedback and rejection of off-axis sound for smooth high-end response and control
• Frequency response tailored for drums and percussion applications with a wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
• Precision-engineered design for unobtrusive microphone footprint
• Beta 98A models ship with external in-line preamplifier for discrete cable placement, snap-fit windscreen, and zipper pouch
• Beta 98AD/C ships with A98D drum mount featuring a flexible gooseneck for precise placement and secure attachment
• Beta 98A/C ships with RK282 shock mount swivel adapter for attachment to any standard microphone stand
In the Box
• 1 A98D Beta 98 Drum Mount
• 1 C98D 4.6 m (15 ft.) Heavy-Duty Cable
• 1 95A2314 Zippered Carrying Bag
• 1 RPM626 In-Line Preamplifier (1 piece)
• 1 95A2064 Snap-fit Windscreen