The sE Electronics BL8 is a half-cardioid boundary microphone, utilizing the same capsule as the celebrated sE8 small-diaphragm condenser. Its hand-crafted, true condenser capsule utilizes an ultra-thin three-micron gold-sputtered diaphragm for superior transient response. The BL8 is designed to reproduce low frequencies with stunning accuracy, often eliminating the need for an additional outer kick drum mic. It is also compatible with The KellyShu Flatz Isolation System, making it ideal for touring applications.
The BL8’s transformerless Class-A circuitry ensures plentiful headroom without distortion, while its low-noise electronics deliver transparency and clarity. The integrated low-cut filter, the switchable attenuation pad and the EQ shaping switch make it a very versatile microphone; excelling at ambience recording, room miking, and can even be used on grand pianos. A switchable attenuation pad keeps high-SPL sources from overloading your mixer’s input.
Robustly built, the BL8 features an all-metal construction, a dent-proof grille, and gold-plated XLR contacts to ensure long-term reliability.
• 1/2" true-condenser cardioid sE8 capsule
• Transformerless Class-A circuitry ensures plentiful headroom without distortion
• Low-noise electronics deliver transparency and clarity
• Reproduces low frequencies with stunning accuracy
• Optional character switches provide classic & modern voicings
• Integrated low-cut filter and pre-attenuation pad enable a variety of applications
• Compatible with our sE8 omni capsule and The Kelly Shu Flatz Isolation System