The QSC KS212C subwoofer represents the world's first-in-class single-box powered cardioid subwoofer solution for highly portable entertainment and installation applications. A breakthrough in innovation and design, the 3,600 Watt KS212C subwoofer uniquely provides all the benefits of cardioid deployment in a single, compact enclosure. "Keeping bass in its place" for mobile entertainers, AV production and rental professionals, as well as modestly-sized performance venues, the KS212C subwoofer is unparalleled in its ability to manage low frequencies on the stage, or any application where undesirable low frequency energy needs to be minimized.
• First-in-class compact single-box cardioid solution
• 3600 Watt Class-D amplifier module
• Cardioid pattern provides -15 dB SPL attenuation front-to-rear
• Dual 12-inch, long-excursion drivers; Dual 6th order band-pass design
• Variable crossover and savable/recallable Scenes for commonly-used applications
• Intrinsic Correction tuning and loudspeaker management
• Refined, professional appearance looks great in any application
• Rugged painted wood enclosure for long life and lasting durability
• Deploy in vertical or horizontal position with M20 speaker pole fittings in both positions
• Optional KS-LOC security cover prevents unauthorized tampering of controls
• Complete EASE & CAD information available online
• 6-Year Warranty with product registration
Typically, subwoofers are omnidirectional, radiating sound equally in all directions. This results in troublesome, unwanted low-frequency build-up on stage as well as undesired, wasted LF energy at the rear of the system. In more recent years, concert sound providers have been able to create cardioid (heart-shaped) coverage of their subwoofer arrays through some clever manipulation of placement, delay and polarity, redirecting desired LF energy forward and minimizing energy at the sides and rear. Un- fortunately, this technique is costly and requires multiple enclosures, amplifiers and processors.
The KS212C Solution
Representing a breakthrough in innovation and design, the KS212C uniquely provides all the benefits of a cardioid subwoofer array, but in a single, compact enclosure. "Keeping bass in its place" for mobile entertainers, AV production and rental professionals, as well as modestly-sized performance venues, the KS212C is unparalleled in its ability to manage low frequencies on the stage, or any application where undesirable low frequency energy needs to be minimized.