The Obsidian NX SYNC captures timecode in various SMPTE formats from its 3-pin XLR connection and converts it to a MIDI Timecode (MTC) stream, where it can be read into ONYX or any other MIDI Timecode compatible software. Additionally, it also has the power to take MTC and send it back out as SMPTE.
The NX SYNC contains a powerful hardware architecture for instant processing and minimal frame delays. It allows the ONYX software to read Linear Timecode (LTC) signals for perfect cue synchronization with external devices like sound or video playback systems.
The NX SYNC does not require custom drivers, and in addition to working with ONYX, it can be used as a SMPTE to MTC/ MTC to SMPTE device for both Windows 10 and MAC OS software applications.
• Two 3-pin XLR connectors for LTC Timecode In/Out
• SMPTE Timecode @ 24, 25, 29.97 and 30 frames per second
• Native Plug-and-Play USB Connection for ONYX, PC and MAC
• USB Powered
• Convenient, space-saving, stackable design
• Rugged impact-resistant housing