The perfect-fit streamer and recorder
The Epiphan Pearl Nano offers the ultimate blend of portability and versatility with a refined yet robust feature set that includes ingestion, encoding, HDMI pass-through, and recording. Use Nano as a video distribution device or contribution encoder, or leverage the device’s streaming and recording functions as part of a more complex setup with additional production capabilities.
Fine-tuned for your productions
Streamline your setup with the ability to directly connect HDMI and SDI video sources and XLR, RCA, or USB audio to Nano along with Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+). For zero-latency display of video sources on in-room monitors, Nano also features a built-in HDMI pass-through.
Flexible recording and storage
Nano makes it easy to record, transfer, and back up files with a variety of storage options. There's a convenient SD card slot on the front of the device or if you need more local storage, just add an M.2 SATA SSD to Nano’s expansion bay. Nano can also automatically transfer recorded files to a USB drive, local server, or network-attached storage device.
Control Nano your way
Use Pearl Nano’s front screen for basic configuration and control, jump into the browser-based interface or local console to access all the features this small but mighty encoder has to offer, or centralize configuration and monitoring with Epiphan’s cloud-based platform.
Key functions at your fingertips
Nano’s front screen offers quick access to essential functions including basic configuration and easy streaming and recording. During events, the built-in screen serves as at-a-glance verification of your audio level and video program for production peace of mind.
Cloud-based configuration and monitoring
Epiphan Cloud streamlines configuration and monitoring of multiple Pearl Nanos and other Epiphan hardware with centralized access to key device statistics including operational status, system load, unit temperature, available storage, and overall health.
Elevate your productions
Build a beautiful layout for your video program with Nano’s powerful custom layout designer. Create anything from simple picture-in-picture layouts to eye-popping compositions featuring dynamic backgrounds and other custom graphics – whatever suits your event best.
Ideal for SRT contributions
The compact and lightweight Pearl Nano supports Haivision’s open-source Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) protocol for secure, high-quality, low-latency video streaming over any given network.
Pair with Panopto or Kaltura
Deep integration with Panopto and Kaltura lets you start and stop scheduled streaming or recording events using Nano’s built-in screen and controls. The system can also push recordings to a user’s folder on either platform to save administration time after events.
• Front screen for basic configuration/control and confidence monitoring
• Video inputs for HDMI and SDI
• Audio inputs for line-level XLR, RCA, and USB
• HDMI program out and pass-through for zero-latency content display
• Custom layout builder for a tailored video program
• Intuitive browser-based UI and local console
• Cloud-based configuration and control via Epiphan Cloud
• SRT, HLS, MPEG-DASH, RTMP, and RTMPS streaming protocol support
• Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
• Comprehensive integration with Kaltura and Panopto
• Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) and DC power
• Save recordings directly to an SD card (user supplied)
• Expansion bay for user-supplied M.2 SATA SSD
• Automatically transfer recordings to a USB drive or networked server
• 802.1x network access control
• Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
• Integration with Crestron Systems