The Earthworks FW730 FlexWand is a combination of a 30kHz High Definition Microphone and a low profile microphone stand and boom as a single unit. It allows the microphone head to be positioned as high as 7 feet and as low as 1.5 feet from the floor or anywhere in between. There are no visible wires or cables above floor level. Visually it is low profile, smooth, sleek and clean. The FlexWand is the ideal solution for applications where the utmost in sound quality and a low profile is required. Now you don't have to find a mic, attach the mic clip to the stand and then dress the cable around the stand. Just pick up the FlexWand, position it and plug the mic cable into the base.
• Cardioid polar pattern
• Frequency response of 30Hz to 30kHz
• Near perfect polar response and the ability to reject sounds from the rear of the microphone, making it a perfect solution for choirs and vocal groups.
• Large flex section near the center of the stand that couples the stand and the wand.
• Mini-gooseneck between the end of the wand and the microphone head.
• The lower section of the stand is 3/4" in diameter and the 24 inch wand is 5/16" in diameter with a 4.5" mini-gooseneck connected at the end which connects to the High Definition Microphone head.
• The combination of a mid-flex section and the mini flex on the wand provide an infinite combination of placement options between 1.5 feet and 7 feet.
• Substantial improvement in gain before feedback.
• The near perfect polar response of the FlexWand allows the use of fewer microphones on choir, with better sound quality, no spotlighting and incredible rejection of sounds from the rear of the microphone.
• Ideal where bands or orchestras are placed in front of a choir, as the FlexWand will reject much of the sound of the band or orchestra.
• The sturdy 12 pound base will not allow the FlexWand to be accidentally knocked over.