The DPA 2017 Shotgun Microphone is an extremely directional mic that combines crystal clear, authentic sound and stable, consistent performance under harsh conditions.
Its acoustical performance sets it apart from any competition. It has efficient off-axis rejection combined with an off-axis frequency response that is much more linear than most similar shotgun mics on the market. These are exactly the capabilities that result in authentic sound.
In addition, the 2017 performs consistently in a variety of conditions, like cold weather and humid environments as well as in generally harsh situations.
Finally, although the interference tube surrounding the capsule is quite long, the entire mic is contained in a shorter, lighter mic housing than many other mics that it outperforms. This makes the 2017 a practical choice in a wide range of applications.
• Accurate, natural sound
• Extraordinary durability, including high humidity environments
• Outstanding off-axis rejection for optimal isolation of sound source
• Extremely directional pick-up pattern, with an effective interference tube
• Easy to set up, position and use in fixed positions, on booms or on camera systems
• 143 dB SPL Peak, low self-noise of 13 dB and a 130 dB dynamic range
• Includes DPA UA0961 microphone holder and DUA0073 windscreen