The Audix OM5 is known for its clarity and perfect presence. Most users report adding just a touch of high frequency and not much else in terms of equalization. You can read specification sheets all day long, but the reality is that the way a microphone sounds on your system is what's important. Of course, the specs are great (48 Hz - 19 kHz), the response is quick, and the reproduction accurate.
The OM5 has virtually no handling noise. The mid-range is tailored for presence allowing the vocalist to be more easily heard in the mains as well as the monitors. The OM5 is comfortable to hold, and very durable. The praise band vocalists at our owner's home church have been heard with a set of four Audix OM5 for over five years. The OM5 is another real world, Made-in-the-USA success story. It's a fantastic microphone that's priced right. Try one today. You'll want more.
• Concert level, professional vocal mic for live sound, broadcast, and studio
• Very tight pattern control, exceptional clarity for premium PA systems
• Clear, accurate sound with slight mid-range boost
• Allows vocals to cut through the stage mix
• Extreme off-axis rejection provides excellent isolation on stage
• VLM Capsule
• Designed, assembled, and tested in the USA
• 5 year warranty