The AtlasIED FAPSUB-1 adds impressive low frequency response to any full range distributed system. It consists of a highly efficient 8 inch, 8 ohm subwoofer designed and built to work optimality in the FAPSUB enclosure system. A 3-pole filtering network eliminates unwanted high frequencies from the woofer, while the 937 cubic inch, tuned and ported, deep drawn steel enclosure provides bass response down to 45Hz (+/-10dB).
A special low saturation 70.7V/100V transformer is included with 1.9, 3.8, 7.5, 15, 30 and 60 watt primary taps (@70.7V) to match and balance the subwoofer with full range speakers without the need for separate amplification. A convenient front mounted selector switch allows tap selection without the need to remove the speaker from the ceiling.This tap selector switch also includes a transformer bypass setting for 8 ohm direct coupled applications.
• Attractive grille and bezel matches aesthetics of other Atlas Sound FAP Series
• Detachable, Phoenix style, locking, four-pole connector provides for easy daisy chain wiring
• Easy installation in drop tile or sheetrock ceilings via C-ring/V-rail tile bridge and "dog leg" mounting system (included)
• Front mounted tap selector switch for easy system tuning adjustments includes transformer bypass setting for 8 ohm direct coupled operation
• High efficiency, passive crossover network eliminates the need for dedicated amplifier and/or active crossover
• Low crossover point greatly reduces localization (ability of listener to identify the subwoofer location)
• Uniquely designed, "easy access" input panel design allows for "thru" conduit runs using flexible or rigid conduit