The goal for the Midas M32 was to combine the best of classic British console designs with advanced modern technology to completely redefine what a medium-format live console can offer. Midas began the industrial design process by drawing inspiration from a somewhat unexpected source - the luxury and high-performance car industry.
Simply because the design teams at Aston Martin, Bentley, Rolls Royce, and other leading manufacturers are skilled at introducing innovative technological advancements while simultaneously maintaining the feel, essence, and intangible qualities of their cherished brands. And in essence, that's the challenge Midas too faced when creating the M32 console.
So in order to create a future-forward design that took the MIDAS legacy even further, they enlisted the help of Rajesh Kutty, a leading industrial designer known for his work with celebrated luxury auto manufacturers such as Bentley, etc.
Kutty started by examining the design elements that have made MIDAS consoles so highly sought after - from the straightforward, logical layout to the unparalleled usability and ergonomics. These are characteristics that live sound engineers around the world have come to rely on, and are key aspects of the MIDAS legacy.
With these design elements in mind, Kutty set forth to create a styling that would be modern, innovative, futuristic, and stunningly elegant.
Many different construction materials were tested. Countless design variations were explored. And in the end, a styling was chosen that represented the perfect marriage between aerodynamic artistry and uncompromising performance. The design is both ultramodern and distinctly classic at the same time.
• Live performance and studio recording digital console with up to 40 simultaneous input channels
• 32 award-winning MIDAS microphone preamplifiers
• 25 time-aligned and phase-coherent mix buses
• AES50 networking allows up to 96 inputs and 96 outputs
• Open architecture allows for future 96 kHz operation
• 192 kHz ADC and DAC converters for outstanding audio performance
• Industry-leading design by Bentley Motors Designer
• High-performance carbon fibre, aluminum and high-impact steel structure
• 40 bit floating point digital signal processing
• 8 DCA and 6 mute groups
• 8 stereo signal processing effects engines
• 25 MIDAS PRO motorized 100 mm faders
• Daylight viewable 7" full color TFT display screen
• 32 x 32 channel USB 2.0 audio interface
• DAW remote control emulations of Mackie Control and HUI protocols
• Optional wireless remote control with MIDAS Apps for iPhone and iPad
• Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
• Designed and engineered in England