Designed to sound like a condenser microphone, the Audix OM6 is a dynamic vocal microphone used for a wide variety of live, studio and broadcast applications. The OM6 is known for its broad frequency response, full-bodied and articulate sound reproduction, resistance to feedback and ability to handle high sound pressure levels (in excess of 144 dB) without distortion. The OM6 features a tight and uniformly controlled hypercardioid polar pattern which helps to isolate the vocals from the rest of the instruments on stage. With a wide frequency range of 40 Hz - 19 kHz, the OM6 employs a VLM™ (Very Low Mass) diaphragm for a clean and natural sound with exceptional transient response.
The OM6 response is tailored with condenser-like qualities: a smooth rising response between 2kHz - 10 kHz along with a flat and fully extended bass response from 60 Hz - 1 kHz. This, in conjunction with an extremely articulate mid-range makes the OM6 an excellent choice for broadcast and live recording applications. The OM6 is well balanced, comfortable to hold, and exceptionally roadworthy – just like all other Audix microphones. The OM6 is Al Jarreau's choice for a vocal microphone.
• Concert level, professional vocal mic for live sound, broadcast and studio
• Wide, flat, frequency response with highly accurate sound reproduction
• Extremely tight pick up pattern minimizes feedback
• Excellent isolation on stage so the vocals cut through the mix
• VLM Capsule
• Designed, assembled, and tested in the USA
• 5 year warranty