Delivering the warmth and natural sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica's handcrafted AT4081 offers a robust build for long-lasting performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers. With its low-profile stick design, this microphone is a natural for use on a wide range of instruments (horns, strings, drum overheads, orchestras and more) and guitar cabinets in recording studios and live-sound settings.
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the microphone features Audio-Technica's innovative MicroLinear ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. With 18 patents pending, Audio-Technica's innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design. Experience the difference.
• Low-profile stick design maximizes placement options
• Smooth, warm and natural sound tuned for instrument reproduction
• Audio-Technica ribbon design with 18 patents pending including proprietary MicroLinear ribbon imprint for superior durability
• Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
• Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
• Superfine mesh guards against ribbon damage
• High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
• Handmade production - including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
• Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
• Certified by the METAlliance (Music Engineering and Technology Alliance)