The Electro-Voice CPS8.5 Power Amplifier offers eight independent Class-D Variable Load Drive (VLD) amplifier blocks, each one capable of delivering up to 500 Watts into Low-Z or High-Z loads. Per default, each channel can be configured individually for max. power output into either 2 Ω, 4 Ω, 70V- or 100V- networks without involvement of any output transformers.
Being designed for professional audio installation market, special care was taken for long term cost of ownership parameters. In addition to remarkably low current consumption and heat dissipation, the CPS8.5 provides remote standby switching with just 5 Watts consumption in standby mode.
An optional RCM-810 remote control module provides control and supervision features via IRIS-Net, including monitoring of amplifier status and real time load supervision. Variable Load Drive characteristics can be set via RCM-810 for maximum power output into any load between 2 Ω and 10 Ω, in steps of 0.1 Ω.
• Eight channels in a compact 2U rack-efficient unit
• 500 W per channel
• 70/100 V operation for distributed systems
• Class-D design for optimum efficiency
• Slot for optional RCM-810 module, allowing IRIS-Net control and monitoring
• IRIS-Net selection of each channel's impedance (2-10 Ω in 0.1 Ω steps)
• Rear-mounted attenuators
• Switchable 50 Hz high-pass filter (Hi-Z mode)
• Complete protection: thermal, overload, shorts, HF, DC, back-EMF, inrush current
• Phoenix-type input and output connections
• Remote power-on/off contact
• Programmable power-on delay settings
• Front-to-rear fans